We all know how much fun it is to shop in Lincoln County, but there’s more to it. The Chamber has created a campaign to raise public awareness about the benefits of shopping in Lincoln County.
We also promote Lincoln County through a digital magazine, helping to showcase all the wonderful aspects of Lincoln County. Click on the graphic to the right to view the magazine, or take a look at the reasons for shopping local below.
The Chamber’s Promotions Committee slogan, “Shop Local – Shop Lincoln County”, outlines nine very important reasons why it is important to support our local businesses during this economic downturn. Local businesses can participate in the Shop Local Campaign by printing this flyer to post in their place of business.
Nine Reasons to Shop Local – Shop Lincoln County
- Protect Local Character and Prosperity – By choosing to support locally owned businesses, you help maintain Lincoln County’s diversity and charm.
- Community Well-Being – Locally owned businesses build strong neighborhoods by sustaining communities, linking neighbors, and by contributing more to local causes.
- Local Decision Making – Local ownership means that important decisions are made locally by people who live in the community and who will feel the impacts of those decisions.
- Keeping Dollars in the Local Economy – Your dollars spent in locally-owned businesses have three times the impact on your community as dollars spent outside of Lincoln County. When shopping locally, you simultaneously create jobs, fund more city and county services through sales tax. This in turn invests in neighborhood improvement, police, fire and ambulance, cultural arts, parks, libraries, and promotes community development.
- Jobs and Wages – Locally owned businesses create more jobs locally and, in some areas, provide better wages and benefits.
- Entrepreneurship – Entrepreneurship fuels America’s economic innovation and prosperity, and serves as a key means for families to move out of low-wage jobs and into the middle class.
- Environmental Sustainability – Local stores help to sustain vibrant, compact, a walkable town center which in turn are essential to reducing sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss, and air and water pollution.
- Competition – A marketplace of tens of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term.
- Product Diversity – A multitude of small businesses, each selecting products based not on a national sales plan but on their own interests and the needs of their local customers, guarantees a much broader range of product choices.
With so many large municipalities surrounding Lincoln County, it is always tempting to drive to them to shop; however, think of all that can be gained if only we shopped local.