In its 22nd year, Leadership Lincoln remains the county’s premier personal development program. The mission of Leadership Lincoln is to grow leadership capacity of the community. The program brings together emerging leaders of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Since Leadership Lincoln began in 1999, 270 graduates are engaged in civic, social, community development, business and government positions throughout the county.
Leadership Lincoln Objectives
- To provide information about Lincoln County’s history, development and modern trends.
- To acknowledge community need along with approaches, services and processes to successfully address challenges.
- Through awareness and knowledge, to inspire action-oriented leaders to engage in community decision-making processes.
- To strengthen cross-county engagement and team approaches to community initiatives.
- To build lasting relationships, along with a sense of unity and purpose, among graduates.
Who is Chosen?
The Leadership Lincoln Committee will choose approximately 15 people. Eligible applicants are those who live or work in Lincoln County. Those applying will be selected to represent a broad range of backgrounds, occupations, and geographic areas of Lincoln County.
$395 for Chamber members
$495 for non-Chamber members.
The tuition fee includes all course materials, lunch for each session, kickoff and graduation events. In most cases the tuition is paid by the participant’s employer or sponsoring organization.
Scholarships are rare; however, may be considered for non-profit professionals. Interested applicants should submit a letter of request/justification. The Leadership Lincoln Committee has final approval of scholarship designations and will inform scholarship recipients at the time of program confirmation.
Application to the program is a commitment to fully participate and should not be taken lightly. Local business leaders invest multiple resources to host, provide presentations, offer tours, sponsor meals, and support participants with an impactful program. Application is a commitment to attend and fully participate in the program.
Full attendance is expected for the full-length of all sessions. Leadership Lincoln recognizes that emergencies arise and there is an emergency exception to the attendance policy. Otherwise, full attendance is required for graduation.
Each Leadership Lincoln Class participates in a class project benefiting the community. Application to the program includes a commitment to participate in the Class Project.
What is the Program Design?
Leadership Lincoln sessions are the second Wednesday of the month, from September, through June. The sessions last from approximately 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The program begins with an orientation designed to build class identity and rapport. Throughout the program, participants work together through planned activities.
- Business professionals and community leaders take active roles in the sessions, which may include tours, lectures, and experiential activities.
- Each year’s class plans and implements a community project designed to reflect the interests of the class. Past projects include volunteering at Christian Ministries, building/painting a playhouse for abused children and conducting a health fair.
- Upon completion, graduates comprise the Steering Committee for the next Leadership Lincoln
Team Building & Leadership
Lincoln County History
Health & Public Services
Quality of Life